■ Kiyoshi KAWABATA M.Sc.
- Biostratigraphy and paleooceanography of Cretaceous radiolaria
- Origin of greenstone in the Shimanto and Hidaka terrane and their tectonics
- Study of living radiolaria
LABORATORY OF ZOOLOGY
ORNITHOLOGY, ANIMAL ECOLOGY
■ Takeshi WADA M.Sc.
- Ecological interaction of fruits and frugivrous birds
- Avian community of urban parks
- Avifauna of OSAKA
■ So ISHIDA Ph.D
- Marine benthos
■ Shoko MATSUI Ph.D
- Phylogeographic studies of coastal fishes
- Ecological studies of gobiid fishes
LABORATORY OF ENTOMOLOGY
■ Shigehiko SHIYAKE M.Agr.
- Systematic entomology on beetles (Coleoptera)
- Quaternary paleoenvironmentology using beetle remains
- Inventory of beetle fauna of OSAKA
- Ecological studies on urban cicadas
■ Rikio MATSUMOTO M.Sc.
- Systematics and phylogenetics of Ichneumonidae (Hymenoptera)
- Ethology and host-parasitoid interactions of Polysphincta group (Hymenoptera, Ichneumonidae)
- Inventory of hymenopteran fauna of Osaka and adjacent areas
- Spread of an introduced grasshopper, Atractomorpha sinensis and its influences on a native congener.
■ Yohei OSADA Ph.D
- Systematic study of the family Tineidae (Lepidoptera) from Japan
- Taxonomic study of the family Tortricidae (Lepidoptera) including agricultural pest species
- Environmental assessment by species diversity of butterfly
LABORATORY OF BOTANY
MYCOLOGY, PLANT ECOLOGY
■ Daisuke SAKUMA M.Sc.
- Ecological studies of ectomycorrhizal symbiosis.
- Landscape ecology of SATOYAMA biota.
- Inventory of fungal biota of OSAKA.
- Museum database network with special reference to GIS.
■ Masahiro HASEGAWA Ph.D.
- Systematics and phylogeny of the seed plants
- Plant-animal coevolutionary ecology
■ Masashi YOKOGAWA M.Sc.
- Phylogenetics and population demography of Japanese Polemonium
- Conservation genetics and ecology of endangered plants
- Conservation and restoration of semi-natural grassland vegetation
- Distribution pattern of coastal plants growing in Seto Inland Sea
LABORATORY OF GEOLOGY
■ Yoshihiro TANAKA Ph.D
- Research on secondary adaptation of marine mammals
- Morphology and taxonomy of the Cetacea
- Morphology and taxonomy of the Pinnipedia
■ Takumi MAEKAWA Ph.D
- Conodont biostratigraphy in the Paleozoic to Mesozoic strata
- Paleobiology of conodont
- Systematic paleontology of the Paleozoic to Mesozoic microfossils
■ Megumi NISHINO B.Sc.
- Morphological study of Cenozoic aqua plant
- Anatomical study of Cenozoic plant in Japan
- Japanese vegetational history since the Cenozoic
LABORATORY OF QUATERNARY RESEARCH
■ Yoko ISHII M.Sc.
- Study of Quaternary stratigraphy in the Osaka Plain
- Practical study of geological education using borehole core specimen
■ Takeshi NAKAJO Dr.Sc.
- Sedimentology of deltaic to shallow marine settings
- Geomorphology of shoreline environments
- Volcaniclastic sedimentology